7.31.2012

Avocado Chicken Salad

With the weather being so hot, I try not to turn on the oven or stove for our meals and it is hard to come up with new ideas.  I had pinned a recipe on Pinterest for Avocado Chicken Salad.  I like just traditional chicken salad, but this is a good variation.  It tastes very similar to guacamole- maybe a little too similar that next time I would use more mayo and less avocado.  This took about 10 minutes to throw together, so is also nice for a quick dinner!

Here were my ingredients:
2 Green Onions
Handful of Cilantro
1 Avocado (forgot to put in the picture...oops!)
2 Bags pre-cooked diced Chicken
2 Spoonfuls of Mayo
Sprinkle of lime juice (recommend using fresh lime juice)
Salt and Pepper

I started with the Avocado in the bowl so I could get that smashed up.  I then added in the Mayo and stirred until I got the desired consistency.  I added the rest of my ingredients and let refrigerate overnight so the flavors melded.  I really think this would taste good on several different things- Bread, Pita, Nacho Chips, Crackers, etc.  Enjoy!