8.16.2011

24 Weeks

How I'm feeling?  Overall still feel good.  The 100+ temps have worn me out a bit, but that probably would have happened even if I wasn't pregnant!  The baby is definitely very active, so that is just a little uncomfortable at times....I'm sure a couple months from now I'll call me crazy for thinking this is considered uncomfortable!  I've been getting more of an appetite too.

Clothes:  Wearing the belly band more and more often....or lots of dresses!  Still haven't bought anything new and am in my usual clothes though.

Names:  Still slacking and haven't started

Cravings:  More sweets than usual, but nothing overboard.

Purchases:  My mom came to town so we she bought just a few items.  We went to Once Upon a Child which is a resale shop and picked up some cute sleeper outfits for like $2 each.  I also went to a consignment sale Recycled Kids, but only bought 1 super cute blue plush Tigger outfit-- I really don't know what to call this thing cause it reminds me of a snowsuit, but is made of soft material...anyways, it will be warm for the winter!  Everyone has told me not to buy any clothes cause you'll get so many as gifts, but I felt like it didn't hurt to stock up on some of these items since they were so cheap and in great condition.  I also have purchased 5 diapers, which I'll post more about later...so I guess those are officially the first mom and dad purchase!

24-Week Dr. Appt
Date: 8.16.2011
Weight: 142 (up 11 lbs from start)
Blood Pressure: 100/68
Baby Heartbeat: 143
Belly circumfrence:
Fundal Height: 22.5 cm
Description:  We had a long wait for today's appointment, so that is always frustrating...but once we were in, it was all routine and only took less than 10 minutes.  Everything seemed to be going great!  You'll see one new statistic I added was for the Fundal Height measurement.  Fundal height is a measure of the size of the uterus used to assess fetal growth and development. It is measured from the top of the mother's uterus to the top of the mother's pubic bone in centimeters. It should match the fetus' gestational age in weeks within 1 to 3 cm.  So 24 cm would be average target for 24 weeks, so I'm just slightly under but she said that is completely normal.

Picture: