11.29.2010

Cooking!

A few good recipes to pass along.

Chocolate chip cookie dough cupcakes
I usually don't like baking desserts, but I saw this recipe on Amanda's blog and decided it looked too good to pass up! It is for chocolate chip cookie dough cupcakes-- YUMMMMMMMMY!!! If you are into making your own cookie dough and icing, then please view her blog, but if you are like me and into shortcuts, then I can tell you in 2 seconds what I did.

I had store bought Pillsbury cookie dough in the fridge. I rolled that into balls. I stirred up my store bought cake mix (I used chocolate fudge, she used vanilla) in a bowl according to directions and pre-heated the oven according to those directions. Real hard so far, huh?

Place the cupcake liners in the pan and fill each about 2/3 full with batter and drop in the cookie dough.


Bake according to directions or until appears done-- the cake will puff up and completely surround the cookie dough! I used storebought buttercream frosting for the top and mini chocolate chips to garnish.


They were awesome!!! (I did freeze some of my cookie dough balls and did not others-- I really liked them both ways and could not tell a difference. When not frozen, it will bake a little more into a cookie...while frozen will stay more doughy.)


Chicken Noodle Soup
So this is really not much of a recipe since I just throw whatever I want in a pot in whatever quantities look about right....but it was my best pot yet, so I'll attempt to document it.

I used a HUGE pot and filled with chicken boullion/broth. I then chopped up half a small bag of baby carrots, some celery (include those leafy tops!), turnips (awesome new vegetable I tried), and onion-- add all to pot. I bought a herb-roasted rotisserie chicken and pulled chunks of chicken off of there-- add to pot. Chopped up fresh dill and parsley-- add to pot (I think these fresh spices were key this time and I have never used dill before cause thought that would be weird, but now it is a must for me!). Add freshly ground pepper and let simmer for a while. Once the onion is transluscent and veggies soft, then I add wide egg noodles. Enjoy!


And I also have got all of my recipes torn out from magazines and from friends into an organized binder-- and I LOVE IT!