8.02.2012

Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken

Here is another great recipe to use when it's too hot to cook- Shredded Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches.  This is one of the EASIEST things ever to make.  I had seen this on pinterest and so glad that I gave it a try!

In the morning I dumped a 3lb bag of frozen chicken tenderloins into the crock pot.  Cover with a 12 oz bottle of Frank's RedHot Buffalo Wing Sauce.  Sprinkle a 1 oz. packet of Hidden Valley Ranch dressing on top.  Close her up and let cook for 6 hours on low or until chicken is shreddable.  Take 2 forks and just shred the chicken in the pot.  I added 2 T. of margarine/butter at this point, but you could probably omit that to make it healthier.  Let cook for another hour or so.  Serve on hoagie roll and enjoy!

We topped ours with some Blue Cheese dressing and Blue Cheese crumbles.  Also would be good with some ranch dressing instead.  I was definitely worried that this was going to be very spicy based on the amount of wing sauce and what I was smelling....however, it was very mild.  Next time I may try making half of the sauce a spicier brand. 

Chicken in the Crock Pot

Delicious Sandwich